Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask for our monthly #BossMaskBookClub!
We’re talking about Thrive by Arianna Huffington – this book is all about the disconnection between what you value and how you spend your time.
The episode is perfect for you if want to know more about:
- the ultimate root of all burnout and unhappiness;
- how technology is helping and hurting us personally and professionally;
- the many facets of self-care and why it doesn’t have to feel like a chore;
- how more silence and introspection can lead to faster success;
- why your daily mindset shapes your whole life and how to improve it;
- the wonder-filled benefits of disconnecting more;
- how death is the secret to a more fulfilling life;
- why many entrepreneurs miss the mark when it comes to giving.
- Why you can’t prove your worthiness through technology or title
- The two metrics we have created for defining success
- Like a two-legged stool, those two metrics need a third stabilizing leg.
- The four key parts of the “third leg”: well-being, wisdom, wonder, + giving
- Listening to your intuition
- How technology blocks our wisdom
- The parallels between Thrive + The Big Leap
- “Hurry-sickness” + “time famine”
- Creating new habits
- Finding wonder in nature + art
- Remember death!
- Are you missing the point?
The ONE question that VK asks YOU: In 3 sentences, what would you highlight about your life in your own eulogy? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You:
- Thrive: The Third Metric of Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- #BossMaskBookClub BTBM #031: The Big Leap
- #BossMaskBookClub for December 2016: Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Want to Be on the Show?