Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask for our LAST monthly #BossMaskBookClub!
We’re talking about Rising Strong by Brene Brown – this book is all about trying, failing, and most importantly, getting back up + trying again.
This episode is perfect for you if you’re curious about how your emotional world impacts your entire life + (want to be) ready to face discomfort and failure head-on.
- The practice of vulnerability + connecting with others
- The Rising Strong process:
- The Reckoning – recognize emotions and feelings
- The Rumble – be honest and challenge yourself
- The Revolution – write a new ending to your story
- Not just a process, but a practice
- The process is best initiated + appreciated through writing + thought
- Owning your truth vs. hustling for your worthiness
- Changing the landscape around you, from within you
- Five most common strategies to “off-load” your hurt on to others
- Tactical breathing methods
- “SFD” practice: pouring out your thoughts + feelings
- Grief: how it encompasses disappointment, heartbreak, loss, longing, + feeling lost
- Managing anxiety
- When you need to ask for help but can’t
- Creating a new vision of what’s possible
- Why VK recommends reading this book once every year.
The KEY question that VK asks YOU: What are you rumbling with right now? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You: