Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask for our monthly #BossMaskBookClub!
We’re talking about Playing Big by Tara Mohr – this book is all about bridging the gap between the potential others see in you and what you think you know about yourself. You’ll define what it means to “play big” for you – because it’s different for everyone – and get the tools from Tara on how to make it happen.
The episode is perfect for you if you’re ready to get out of your own way, once and for all!
- Ch. 1: Defining our Inner Critic – that voice of self-doubt
- Ch. 2: The Inner Mentor
- Ch. 3: 2 Concepts of Fear from the Hebrew Bible
- Ch. 4: What Keeps People (aka you) from Playing BIG
- Ch. 5: Leaving your “Good Student” Habits Behind
- Ch. 6: How are you Hiding?
- Ch. 7: Leaping
- Ch. 8: Communicating with Power
- Ch. 9: Your Callings (Yes, plural – you have more than one!)
- Ch. 10: Letting it be easy (there are 6 ways to make it happen)
- The Afterword specifically applies these concepts to parenthood
- Exercises, questions, and journaling prompts are included with each chapter
- My recommendation – is this book worth reading?
The KEY question that VK asks YOU: What do you think your future self would want you to know right now? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You:
- Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead by Tara Mohr
- Tara Mohr
- #BossMaskBookClub The Big Leap episode
- #BossMaskBookClub for February 2017: Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution. by Brene Brown