Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask to answer YOUR questions!
This episode is perfect for you if you’re curious about how to balance paid work, passion projects, and all the fun stuff life has to offer.
- This month’s question comes from Paisley Smith (a future guest on Behind the Boss Mask!). Her question is: I have a lot of side projects and passion projects that don’t pay but may lead to better things down the road. How does one go about prioritizing paid work, side projects and fun when it is so confusing!? Are there strategies for responsibly doing both paid and unpaid work / measuring how much time you put toward something… ? I tried pie charts and tracking time but idk if it helps long term.
- Highlights from VK’s answer to Paisley’s question:
- Unpaid work can sometimes lead to paid work, but you have to take ACTION
- If unpaid work outweighs your paid work, then things are OUT OF BALANCE
- Why you should treat passion projects as a HOBBY
- Track, review, + analyze the time you spend on unpaid projects
- Refer to VK’s new mini-course, Action Without Exhaustion, for more (Paisley is getting a copy for FREE!)
The KEY question that VK asks YOU: What’s your criteria when choosing whether or not to pursue an (unpaid) passion project? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You: