Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask to answer YOUR questions!
We’re only at our 2nd monthly Q+A episode and I’ve already broken my own rule. So many of you submitted uber juicy questions that I blew way past my 30-minute limit I originally set for these episodes.
Be sure to let me know in the comments if you really want these episodes to stay short + I can start breaking up any longer ones … now let’s get to the good stuff.
This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to know more about what an Online Business Manager (OBM) does, costs, + if you need one yet; whether hiring via Fiverr is a good idea for small jobs; is dealing with guilt when hiring + delegating; is curious about why the cost for a VA varies so widely; how to evaluate + oversee anyone you hire; how to start hiring again after a bad experience; how to tell the difference between a fear of change + making the wrong big leap; or how to prevent falling back into old habits instead of delegating to your team.
- Jenny brings us the first question, about how to know when you’re ready for an OBM (online business manager.) We’ll talk about the differences between a VA + an OBM, as well as five ways to tell if you’re ready for an OBM.
- Maria asks about hiring a VA for those “mini-jobs.” We’ll talk about using Fiverr, Upwork, and more. The key is to NOT be afraid to reach out when you need help.
- Yasmine brings a question that is mindset-related. It addresses the guilt in hiring help + delegating. We’ll get down + dirty about GUILT!
- Kelly has been a VA, an OBM, + a COO. She asks about the cost disparity among VAs—and the range is incredible. How do you know what is reasonable + the skill set to seek? Let’s tackle it together!
- Kim, Suzanne, + Kris all asked the same question, so I know it’s an important one to address. The question covers the duties of a VA vs. an OBM. We’ll talk about the going rate, the need for evaluation of their work, retainers, + incentives. We leave NO stone unturned on this one!
- While our next question-asked wants to remain anonymous, they have a great question: How do you “give it another go” after your first experience with a VA was not so great?
- Fiona wants to know about the fear we sometimes feel when making a huge leap. There are many factors to consider about doing the wrong thing, self-sabotage, + listening to your higher consciousness. We get into the woo-woo world of chakras on these answers. We also discuss people-pleasing, meditation, long walks, + other practices that bring clarity.
- Our first Twitter question comes from Cristina, and it’s about keeping your momentum when you’re failing to build structure with your VA. We’ll talk about old habits, pushing forward with delegation, + that nemesis of self-sabotage.
The ONE question that I present: When was the last time you made a big leap and ended up regretting it? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You:
- 5 Q.U.I.C.K. Steps to Find + Hire Your Dream Virtual Assistant (free checklist)
- Jess Lively’s podcast episode on writing to your intuition