Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask with graphic designer, handletterer, + founder of Sugar & Type Design Studio, Ilana Griffo.
This episode is perfect for you if you’re curious about how your passion is more important than your confidence; what it’s really like to attend an Etsy Open Call for physical goods; why friendships in business are vital to success + sanity; the never-ending pros + cons of one-on-one work with clients; why there’s value in staying small + how to maintain it while you grow; or the best way to take your ideas to the next level.
- Why Ilana chose to create a business that combines services + physical products for ” joy, creativity, and organization.”
- Ilana’s experience at the Etsy Open Call in NYC – what is it, how does it work, + why is it such a big deal?
- What it means to be an introvert with great passion
- The planner to end all planners – Ilana’s Rule the World planner
- Ilana’s super grateful to have an epic support team: professional photographer, web developer, designers, and shipping help
- The value of friendships in business
- How being half-introvert/half-extrovert (ambivert?) affects Ilana’s life + business
- The joys + struggles of one-on-one business
- The value in staying small + how to stay small while growing
- Ilana’s very recent experience with burnout, how she recovered, + how she’ll prevent it in the future
- Taking ideas to the next level + “doing your own thing”
The ONE question that Ilana asks YOU: What can you take off your plate to enjoy life more? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You:
- Sugar & Type
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Rule the World Planner
- Emily McDowell
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All by Tom + David Kelley
- Young House Love
- #BossMaskBookClub for Woo-Woo October: The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
Want to Be on the Show?