Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask with media strategist, producer of a TV show on Oprah’s OWN Network, and co-creator of the Media Method e-course, Gwen Elliot.
This episode is perfect for you if you want to know what it’s really like to collaborate with one of your idols and mentors; why getting laid off was one of the best things that can happen to you; how taking the time to reflect on your past and possible future can be priceless; what to do when you no longer believe in what you’re doing; how + why VK was very public about her depression in 2016; the value of brain-dumping your thoughts on a regular basis; how to own up to your mistakes and self-sabotage + why it’s never that big of a deal to others.
- How Gwen makes money by teaching entrepreneurs to break into media.
- What’s it like to work with one of your idols? Gwen shares how teamed up with her mentor, Natalie MacNeil.
- “Bending the world” to make things happen!
- Gwen chats about her former podcast, Your Big Break – and why it ended.
- How getting laid off turned out to be the BEST thing.
- Letting the non-essentials fade away.
- Why we should embrace the weird, winding path.
- The benefits of brain-dumping.
- The healing power of crying.
- What to do when you want to hide from sharing your story.
- Owning up to your mistakes and moving on.
- Striving to be honest.
- A call to responsibility.
The KEY question that Gwen asks YOU: What do you do for fun right now? What could be fun for you this year? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You:
- Gwen Elliot
- The Media Method
- Your Big Beautiful Book Plan
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- #BossMaskBookClub for January 2017: Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead by Tara Mohr
Want to Be on the Show?