Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask for our monthly #BossMaskBookClub!
We’re talking about Essentialism by Greg McKeown – this book is all about creating a life focused on “less but better.” If you read only one book this year, this is the one. Listen to the episode to find out why!
- What the book is really about: the relentless pursuit of less, but better
- A short, powerful introduction, then four sections with short, powerful chapters
- How Greg defines “essentialism”
- Choose: Why choice only happens through action
- Discern: Why more effort doesn’t equal better results
- Trade-off: Why every YES means NO to many other things
- Escape: Why focus is something we HAVE and something we DO
- Look: Why journaling is beneficial
- Play: What we do for the joy of DOING
- Sleep: Why LESS sleep doesn’t equal MORE success
- Select: Is it a clear YES?
- Eliminate: What happens when you lack clarity
- Dare: Why it comes down to trade-offs, choices, and actions
- Uncommit: Why you may be stuck in the “Sunk Cost Bias”
- Edit: Be the editor of your own life
- Limit: Why boundaries help prevent burnout and keep you sane
- Buffer: How to deal with what is out of your control
- Subtract: How to remove obstacles and move forward
- Progress: Celebrate how far you’ve come!
- Flow: How routine and flow go together
- Focus: Why you can’t worry about the past and live in the moment
- Be: Live with purpose and meaning – not regret
- Bonus Chapter about Essentialism as a leader aka entrepreneur
- Why this book is the beginning of a new mindset for VK!
The ONE question that VK asks YOU: What’s one thing you want to make more space for in your life – something that is essential for you? … Comment below with your answer!
Resources For You:
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- #BossMaskBookClub BTBM #036: Thrive
- #BossMaskBookClub for January 2017: Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead by Tara Mohr