Today we’re going Behind the Boss Mask to talk about real, doable ways to slow burnout when you feel it coming so you momentum doesn’t grind to a halt.
This episode is perfect for you if you’re curious about the best ways to prevent burnout before it starts.
- Burnout: a stress often described by its characteristics, like lack of enthusiasm + motivation, feeling worthless, frustration, and cynicism
- The result of burnout? A lack of productivity + effectiveness both personally + professionally
- How burnout can cause other symptoms + health issues when it kicks in
- Why burnout is not just mental, but physical + emotional too
- Three Steps in the Process to Slow Burnout:
- Brain dump all the choices you’ve made
- You’ve believed you need to “do it all”
- Asking for help makes you feel weak + needy
- You don’t know other ways to quantify your value
- Make the choice that’s best for you right NOW
- This applies to NOW, not forever
- Figure out your trade offs
- Choose what to focus on, but add the non-negotiables first
- Say NO out of respect, not popularity
- Say NO to new things coming in
- Say NO to things that didn’t make the cut
- Say NO to things you’ve already agreed to (Watch out for your ego!)
The KEY question that VK asks YOU: What (or who) do you have the hardest time saying “no” to? … Comment below with your answer!
Want to Be on the Show?